Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I'll show you drawings!



Many of you have written me to complain about the lack of accuracy in my yeti posts. An average letter goes something like this:

"Listen, McGregor, you know nothing of how Yeti is. All the time yer bibbling and babbling about this photograph and that photograph. While all the while, there be not a soul who actually photographed it! Nay, it weren't no photograph what caught yon Snowman, now is it? A drawin', it was. Aye, I declare tweren't nothin' but sketches and drawings that give a man a sense of eye-witness. No one got a camera anywhere near, now did they? They went and saw Yeti and they draw Yeti. Now I've gone and rhymed, now haven't I? That makin' me want to dance a jig now. Aye, and I'm a leprechaun, yay, ye've guessed it, McGregor. And I shan't given up my pot o' the yellow, now will I? Not for any gentleman with a fondness for "photographic evidence" of Yeti. No gold till ye at least admits that there be nothin' but drawins of Yeti and not no more! Let's see some o' dat drawins, sirree. Then let's play the fiddle and watch me jig! Huh-hah!!!"

You leprechauns are an irascible bunch. Okay then, Mr. Jiggy Jig. I'll show you drawings! Papa needs a ferrari.




Now I play the fiddle. Dance, little people of the wood! Dance!