Friday, July 1, 2011
During his travels in Asia, Marco Polo saw a furry chicken.
It was a Silkie.
Fun facts about the yeti bird aka Silkie:
* It has fur (white, red, black, blue) for plumage.
* It has dark blue flesh and bones, including blue earlobes.
* It is friendly and makes an ideal pet.
* It has five toes. This is significant.
* It is a skilled mother.
* It occasionally has a beard.
* Early Dutch breeders advertised them as chicken-rabbit hybrids.
* There are a lot of pics of 'em on the Internet, and they're all pretty funny.
Note: This is not to be confused with the seals that shed their skin to become human.
Labels: Not Yeti