Friday, January 7, 2011

Not Yeti Friday - The Shambler

Reader Lisa writes:
"I was wondering if you had covered "The Shambler" character in the original Quake computer game. Definitely Yeti-like and a completely scary monster when playing the game. Very hard to kill, as I recall. I think it shot lightning out of its arms or something. Excellent! Visit me online at The Flaming Nose TV Blog and the Movie Morlocks Blog (look for Medusa!)"
Thanks, Lisa... No, I haven't covered the Shambler, and it's high time!

Good call!



The entry in the Quake Wiki describes it as: "a Yeti-like large beast with blood-stained white fur, a very large mouth displaying enormous fangs, no visible eyes, and sharp claws."

I've covered cyclops yeti before, but not NO-clops!


Source

The Telegraph considered it one of the scariest video game monsters.

And it's easy to see why... even without the lightning arms.


Source

Looking around the Internet, there is a lot of Shambler Love out there.


Source


Source

Just look at this Crazy Gallery of Shamblers! Somebody should start an "I Love the Shambler" blog.



This guy is soo into bloodpainting. He is like the quintessential bloodpainter. Nobody paints blood like the Shambler.

No comments: