Friday, June 20, 2008

Neely Yeti



I've been a fan of Brad Neely's since his comic strip (NSFW) appeared in my college newspaper back at the turn of the century. It was the only comic even passably approaching quality at the time, and I just found out recently that Neely wasn't ever a student at my school, so he should never have even been published. I bought all of his collections which he photocopied and stapled together himself and sold at the local record shop.

Years ago I got to see him perform a live soundtrack to the Harry Potter movie. It was an amazing and inspiring experience.

And just last night I went to a local theater to see him show some of his animated shorts, which are available for view on super deluxe (NSFW).

I expect even bigger things from Brad Neely. He is writing a book about the Civil War. And might get his own cartoon series on Adult Swim.

No comments: