Monday, January 28, 2008

This world has elected to follow the path to.... YETIS!

The Silver Surfer battles yeti in an alternate dimension in this section of a comic book from long ago.

At first, the Silver Surfer has sympathy for the yeti, recognizing that their motivations are rooted in fear, not savagery. While he gets soundly beat up by them, he continues to muse philosophically to himself on the subject. Then, just like that, he abruptly changes his mind, calls them all brutes living in a world of madness, and takes off.

Way to go, Silver Surfer.



Silver Surfer: And now I stand upon another world... far younger... far more primitive.. A world at the crossroads! And no man may predict which path it will elect to follow!

Silver Surfer: But wait~ I hear the sound of muffled footpads approaching! YETIS! The wild, savage snow-dwellers... The so-called Abominable Snowmen of earthly legend! They think me an enemy! They rush to attack... without question or pause!



Silver Surfer: Even they... poor, unthinking creatures of the frozen wastes... have been so wounded... so ruthlessly hunted for time without measure... that they fear any who invade their desolate domain! And, like so many who attack without reason... how often is blind, unreasoning fear the cause... rather than naked savagery?



Silver Surfer: They seek to smash me to the ground... to fell my [sic] by sheer weight of numbers! And I have not the words to turn aside their wrath! Since I do not wish to harm them, I will try another means..! Let my surfboard float... and thus attract their bestial attention!

Seconds later... Two huge, clutching hands seize the strangely alien object...

Silver Surfer: It is done! They have forgotten me! Now, as they battle for their prize... like the brutes they are... let my board and me again become as one! For I must leave this place of madness!

No comments: