Friday, October 19, 2007

Making an exception!



Many readers are aware that this blog is exclusively devoted to the yeti and not his brown-furred forest-dwelling cousins, the sasquatch and the bigfoot.

There's nothing wrong with the sasquatch or the bigfoot; they're just not what this blog is about.

I am making an exception today. Yes, today (and tomorrow, maybe) I extend my love beyond the yeti into the family gigantopitheci.

I love you, sasquatch (for the next 24-48 hours).

Check out this patch:



I don't really understand the back story, but you can purchase merchandise with this fellow's fetching patch design (as seen above).

Coincidentally, October 20th, 2007 (which is either today, tomorrow, or some point in the distant past) is the fortieth anniversary of the famous Patterson-Gimlin footage which depicts "Patty" the sasquatch:



One of my heroes, Loren Coleman, commemorated the occasion on his blog, suggesting we take a step back and try and imagine the film when it first appeared 40 years ago. Try it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That patch is a real winner, the rest of the content on that fellas site is great too, the tree octopus, his artwork, the free fonts. I enjoy so much of what you do here, but that link was a particular treasure trove.

Joseph
Madmodpoetgod.com